Skip to Main Content

Trucks & trailers

Do you need to borrow a truck or trailer? Follow this guide to understand the process.

SSE trucks and trailers

We have 4 trucks (2 for mechanical and 2 for civil) and 2 trailers that can be used for University-related activities. Please follow this guide to understand the process of what you need to do in order to borrow the trucks and/or trailers.


To book, you need to follow these steps:

  1. Register to become an approved driver with the U of C:
  1. Forward proof that you are fully approved to drive vehicles on behalf of the University of Calgary to
  2. Check the truck and trailer calendar to see availability:
  1. Fill out the truck booking request form.
  2. Wait for confirmation.

Once your booking is confirmed:

  1. Pick up the keys from ENA 03 at your designated time. Only the approved driver may pick up the keys.
  2. Find the truck in its designated lot. Do a walkaround of the truck and check for any potential hazards.
  3. Take a picture of the odometer.
  4. Drive.
  5. Fuel up before returning the truck to its designated lot. If the vehicle uses gas, you can fill up at the Physical Plant. If the vehicle uses diesel, you must fill up at a station that sells diesel.
  6. Return the truck to its designated lot.
  7. Take a picture of the odometer
  8. Return the keys to ENA 03.
  9. Send the odometer pictures to on the same day that you return the truck.

NOTE: You MUST return the fuel card to its proper position in the vehicle after you have used it.